View Single Post
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rod
.... For whatever reason, I can toggle on the Desktop and Home icon in the Finder preferences menu, but they don't show. Is that normal? I'm afraid that in my screwing around I managed to screw something up.

Thanks for the help thus far!! It's much appreciated.
It is very possible that in your tinkering you might have caused some damage. First thing would be to do a Permissions Repair
Go to Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility
Then just select your HD from the left and choose Repair Permissions.

The worst case scenario might be an Archive and Install, but that would only be due to the fact that you altered your home folder too much.
A reinstall or Archive and Install should always be your LAST step to fix something.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks