View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmom1957 View Post
I guess my question then is, will any upgrade help my machine? I mean, is it worth it, or will I pretty much have the same thing I have now?
Let me explain a couple things. Computers are a combination of hardware and software. For the most part...the hardware in most computers cannot be changed (the ram and hard drive can be upgraded...pretty much nothing else). So your computers hardware is what it is.

The OS provides you with "tools" to use your computer. When new things are produced/released after you've purchased your computer (new cell phones, new printers, new iPods, new iPads, and any sort of new software programs)...they will be geared to use the newest OS version that is current at the time they are released.

A lot of things have changed since 2008/2009 when your computer was purchased. To take advantage of many of them...you need to upgrade the computers OS. You don't need a new computer...you may need to just upgrade your OS. Look at things financially. Buy a new computer for $1000-$1500 (with a newer OS installed on it)...or spend around $50 bucks to upgrade the OS.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks