View Single Post
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.4

Hello ibmom,

First and foremost when was the last time you did any routine system maintenance for example 'Repair Disk permissions' in Disk Utility and how much hard drive free space do you have ? Cluttered and confused HD's and lack of space can have a huge bearing on speed. You can also try resetting Safari.

Secondly, provided your machines specs sit well with Apple's requirements (check the Apple website or App Store) you can go all the way up to Mountain Lion but you need to upgrade to Snow Leopard first because ML is now an App Store download unsupported by Leopard.

3 years is not old and if it were me I would be looking to maximise it's potential and yes the upgrade should enhance your Mac in my opinion.

Edit. Louishen beat me to the punch but you've got the general gist I think!

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks