View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball View Post
The only other thing I can say about it is that the message that appears saying I must restart the computer happened occasionally, but became worse. At first I would just reset the computer then it would work for a day or two without any problems. Now it will not get past the grey apple screen with the loading ring on startup without having the kernel panic.
Many times…kernel panics are hardware based…and the most common hardware issue (related to kernel panics)…is installing incorrect ram.

So my questions would be:

- Was the ram ever upgraded in this computer?
- If so, where did the ram come from?
- Who did the install?

There of course are other hardware issues that can cause kernel panics. Sometimes these are related to the logic board…and if that's the case…you're talking "mucho dinero"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball View Post
I do not know if the specs might point toward a higher parts resale value.
A few specs:
2.8ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2Gb 800mhz ddr2 sdram
320gb seriel ata drive
Nvidia GeForce 8800

Thanks again!
This is actually a pretty good computer for everyday computing (internet, e-mail, etc.)…but if it's broke…then it's just a BIG paper-weight!

- Nick

p.s. With the specs provided…this computer is actually a bit newer than mentioned in the initial post. It's actually a 2008 model…not 2007. Hey…every year helps!

p.p.s. Additionally (with the specs given) this computer is worth more. If it was working 100% (which it isn't)…it would be worth closer to $650. But again…without knowing what is wrong with it…its current value is really hard to put a number on.

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks