View Single Post
Bball

Bball is on a distinguished road

Well it has been awhile since I bought it! You are right, it is an intel based iMac.

Thank you both for your help. The only other thing I can say about it is that the message that appears saying I must restart the computer happened occasionally, but became worse. At first I would just reset the computer then it would work for a day or two without any problems. Now it will not get past the grey apple screen with the loading ring on startup without having the kernel panic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post

In any case…we would probably need more info to help you figure out if it is repairable (but maybe after 2 years of being in the closet…these details may be hard to recall). Keep in mind…there really aren't a whole lot of replaceable parts inside of an iMac to replace. And those that are replaceable are pretty expensive (hundreds of dollars).
I looked back at some of the paperwork from when I took it into apple to get it fixed, they first installed a new fan which did not help. The second time they said that the kernel panic happened even with an external hard drive. From there they basically told me to buy a new computer.

If you all think that it would not be wise to try to get it repaired, do you think the $200 is a good offer to take? I have about 8-10 people asking about it, so I do not know if the specs might point toward a higher parts resale value.
A few specs:
2.8ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2Gb 800mhz ddr2 sdram
320gb seriel ata drive
Nvidia GeForce 8800

Thanks again!
QUOTE Thanks