View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball View Post
I have a 2007 iMac G5 24" desktop computer.
First…you have misidentified this computer. It is not a "24" iMac G5" computer. Apple discontinued all "G5" computers in 2006…and Apple never made a 24" G5 iMac. But this is a good thing…since it is then an Intel based Mac…which is better!

Quote:
Should I sell this computer broken, on a site like craigslist? I put it up and have gotten numerous inquiries about it. I also got an offer for $200. This makes me think people know a way to fix it and they are willing to buy it off of me for cheap and make a good profit from fixing it.
If this computer was working 100% (which it isn't)…it would be worth closer to $500 (maybe a touch more). Not working 100%…$200 is probably what someone feels the "sellable" parts are worth (maybe a little bit more).

Sure if you knew exactly what was wrong with it…and could get it repaired for less than say $300…then yes…you could sell it for $500. But it could have something major wrong with it…costing much more than the computer is worth to fix it.

Quote:
I would like to mention that when I bought this computer new it was about $2300.
Sorry…but this means absolutely nothing! EVERY new computer costs a lot when new…but computers depreciate VERY rapidly. And since this computer is now 5+ years old…it's value has depreciated greatly (par for the course).

In any case…we would probably need more info to help you figure out if it is repairable (but maybe after 2 years of being in the closet…these details may be hard to recall). Keep in mind…there really aren't a whole lot of replaceable parts inside of an iMac to replace. And those that are replaceable are pretty expensive (hundreds of dollars).

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks