View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnitude View Post
In the Terminal window Copy and Paste the command below:
sudo ln -s /System/Library/Java/Support/CoreDeploy.bundle/Contents/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin

But when I do that basically nothing happens. I was asked to give my psw. Did that. I did it another time, then I got the message:

ln: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin: File exists!
Seeing nothing printed back when you execute a command is a good thing - it indicates success. This is why you see the error the second time around since the first attempt was successful (the error is saying that the link you created already exists).

Try reloading your browser now. Since the command was successful at linking the official Apple plugin to the global browser plugins directory, it should work.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks