View Single Post
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnitude View Post
On the other hand, since java 7 works with safari when installed I start to think that some how this is some tactical move from Apple for getting mac users to start using safari instead of chrome. I think this is deliberately done to mess up for us chrome users.
This has nothing to do with Apple and everything to do with Oracle. For whatever reason, Oracle decided to make Java 64bit only and since Google does not ship a 64bit version of Chrome, it can't use it (you can't load 64bit plugins in 32bit browsers). Blame Oracle, not Apple for this one.

I don't know how you uninstalled it but follow the instructions here. Assuming you've done that (and assuming you are using Lion as your post suggests), you should be ready to install Java 6. You could also just wait until a Java applet needs to be loaded since OS X will prompt you to install a runtime when one is invoked.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks