Thread: The SSD Thread
View Single Post
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
No, it isn't. The various online tech sites test things like this constantly. Every single area of performance is looked into with careful benchmarks, yet application speed on a SSD boot drive has never even been mentioned.
Links please. That's a pretty broad statement composed of absolutes to just toss out there. Just because you say it is so, does not make it so.

Quote:
I'm not being stubborn, I'm being careful. You have an opinion, backed up by zero evidence...
As do you at this point.

Quote:
...and I'd very much like to know the correct answer.
Once again, every tech that has ever commented on this issue has said there should be NO increase in application speed or efficiency...
Again with the absolutes. Oh, and "should be"... not quite as definitive as your earlier statements. At least be consistent. Leaving open a back door only magnifies the holes in an already baseless argument.

Quote:
So, if you have specific evidence to back up your position, I'd very much like to know about it. If you don't, then I think you should stop claiming what you are claiming, because a lot of folks are probably wasting hard-earned money for almost no gain.
Back at ya bud. Put up or shut up as some might say. Even if you were 100% correct, your presentation sucks and your position thus far lacks the very things you belittle another member for omitting. Your anecdotal feces is worth no more than anyone else's IMHO. Congrats on derailing an interesting thread by adding very little.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks