View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpuppies3 View Post
Both Mac Life and Mac World magazines highly recommend Mac Keeper.
That's hardly a seal of approval. Fact of the matter is… these writers who "review" software like these only get to spend an hour or so fiddling with it in preparation for their article. Half a day perhaps if they have no other work lined up. And many tech writers are just not all that tech savvy.

Quote:
I use it regularly on two MB Airs and an MBPro. I found their virus checker less than useful and do not use that as it is a continual memory hog...
Last time I looked into this thing, their AV component wasn't even Mac-native. It was Windows AV software running under WINE. That is insane. It may well not have even been capable of screening for Mac malware… just Windows malware. Even if it could detect Mac malware… what the heck is the point of actively screening for Windows malware that can't even load? It's utterly moronic.

Quote:
I did uninstall it from one machine once in order to reinstall cleanly. No problem at all uninstalling, the program even provides an uninstaller.
Yes.. the uninstaller does a great job of uninstalling MacKeeper. Except for all the MacKeeper files it doesn't remove.
how to uninstall MacKeeper – updated « Phil Stokes

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks