View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea2012 View Post
Hey , No i havent done anything like that as i dont want to loose some of the programmes ive installed on the computer as havent got original disks for them.

if i did get it on and re installed with grey disks would it wipe the whole computer??
No one said anything about reinstalling (just booting the computer from the disk)...thus you would not loose any files.

Booting from an OS disk can help possibly determine if the computer is suffering from something other than a hard drive issue. If the computer can successfully boot from an OS disk (and it cannot boot from the internal HD)...this could mean that there is a problem with the hard drive.

If (in a worst case scenario) the hard drive is "dead"...then you most likely won't be able to recover your files (unless you want to pay a lot of money to have this done). This is why we are supposed to maintain hard drive backups.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks