View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

An iMac is designed to run very cool. I would definitely not block or filter the bottom vent in any way as that may indeed restrict the proper air flow.

As far as keeping a computer on 24/7, there are proponents and opponents.... You can argue either way. I personally shut my machine down when I'm going to be away from it for awhile as we get thunderstorms here in Texas that sound like WW III. I also use an uninterrupted power supply that will automatically shut down the iMac in the event of a power glitch or failure.

A refurbished machine from Apple for all practical purposes is the same as a new one and carries the same warranty. If you can save money that way, by all means do so.
QUOTE Thanks