View Single Post
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by speni View Post
Recently, my iMac has started to stutter when I'm doing anything, e.g playing a movie file, it starts stuttering, and then the video will stop while the audio continues...

In Logic, it won't play a song, starts OK, then starts stuttering, then comes to a stop.....

In general use, the cursor will not move smoothly, when I move my mouse, it jumps across the screen, missing out all the space between....

When I reboot, it's ok for a few minutes,then starts, and gets gradually worse until I need to reboot again.

It started a few weeks ago, but is gradually getting worse, to the stage where I can't do much on my mac.

iMac 24", 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 DDR2 Ram, 1TB HD.

Also, I've repaired disk permissions, to no avail.

Any advice appreciated please.
Hi, it seems a strange one. I would firstly power down and remove the power lead and check it for nicks and creases and make sure that it is seated correctly when you reboot. If you can...swap it out for one that you have borrowed from someone.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks