View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycleman View Post
Yeah, I'm considering that option, but the budget's very tight. Thanks for all the comments and advice so
far.
Not sure if you were responding to my 27" iMac suggestion. If so...with such an important purchase...and since you do a lot of Photoshop & Illustrator work...can you have too much screen real estate??

For only a couple hundred more ($1419) you can get the 27" iMac:

Refurbished iMac 27-inch 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 - Apple Store (U.S.)

I know that sometimes folks don't have the space for a 27" iMac...but honestly...the 21.5" iMac just doesn't have the same value ("bang for the buck") as the 27" iMac.

Both iMac's are exactly the same from a hardware specs standpoint...except the 27" iMac has an extra Thunderbolt port (good for two external monitors). And remember...with the 27" iMac...$999 of the $1419 price is basically the cost of the 27" Thunderbolt external display (yes the actual 27" Thunderbolt display does have some extra features).

I understand that the budget is tight...so you gotta do what you gotta do. It would be a shame if you would really like to get the 27" iMac...but are short a couple hundred $$$.

- Nick

p.s. We're talking $1419 vs. $1249...just a $170 difference!

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks