Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
07-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew Montreal
Actually I was specifically referring to them as single processor and dual processor because it's the number of processors that define the limit... at least for the 2010 Mac Pros... regardless if the individual processors are quad or hexa.
We are probably talking about the same thing...just using different terminology.
- single processor (4-core or 6-core) = 48gig ram max.
- dual processor (8-core or 12-core) = 96gig ram max.
All I'm saying is...almost no one identifies Mac Pro's as "single" or "dual" processor. Folks more commonly describe Mac Pro's by the # of cores they have.
- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery