View Single Post
Germany_chris

Germany_chris has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBlueSky View Post
Thanks for the input! Yeah, I am considering it. He's offered to pay some cash to make the deal "more fair" for me, which makes it even a little more tempting. I realize it's a big hit in hardware, but like I said I don't really have a need for so much power at the moment. After changing jobs, my needs for the storage, processing power, and graphics card are no longer present. My own personal files take up MAYBE 300-400GB. The 6TB was all business. About the most intense thing I'd be doing with it would be light photo editing and possibly cutting up/editing the odd family video every now and then.

I just am not familiar enough with OS X to know what is decent and what I need to stay away from. My uses are fairly light and as long as this iMac is a viable machine to use over the next year and a half or so, that's the main concern I have with it. Thanks again! Every bit of knowledge helps!
Trade and cash changes things a bit..

Make the trade, I do all of the thngs you do and more on a less powerful machine. When the trade happens make sure to get the grey install disk's I cannot stress this enough, if the person doesn't have them see if apple will send them some new ones. You will need the grey disks sometime!!

Remember OSX is not Windows don't expect things to work the same way. Tip to install something double click on the .dmg and drag the icon to the applications folder.

Mac Pro 4,1 (Flashed to 5,1) W3570 3.2 Quad..48GB RAM..Gainward GTX 570 "Phantom."
MacBook Pro 5,2..2.8Ghz C2D..8GB RAM..240GB Vertex +
QUOTE Thanks