Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
07-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by michaelszoke
Here are (some of) the specs!
Version: 10.5.8 (I have yet to do an update)
Processor: 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4
Memory: 512 MB DDR SDRAM
This is exactly why we need to get the model info straight BEFORE answering any questions!
- This Mac-Mini is not from 2007...but from 2005!
- It's maximum ram is 1 gigabyte (so no "at LEAST" 6 gig ram upgrade)
- OS 10.5.8 is the newest OS version it can run (which it is already running)
And since this is a 2005 Mac-Mini...it has a PPC G4 cpu...not an Intel cpu (which would be much better).
Finally...I've actually purchased one of these about 2 years ago for $50 bucks (but $90-$100 is probably closer to it's actual value.
p.s. Regarding the 256gig SSD. You could probably install one (this Mac-mini has an ATA/IDE drive not SATA)...but would you really want to install a $250 SSD into a $100 computer??
- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery