View Single Post
TTheInfamous1

TTheInfamous1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist
What exactly do you mean when you say, "won't install?" You drag the image to, say, the Applications folder of your hard disk. Usually, the mouse pointer will have a green "+", and a "Copy" dialog will appear briefly when you let go. And then the program should be installed.

At what point in the above process do things go wrong? Is there any error message that appears?
No error messages. I wish there was.

I down load a program. I get the disk image icon. I click that icon then get the little white icon that looks like a drive. I click that then I have a disk connected to my computer, but it doesnt install the program. To finish using the program I have to close it and then eject it from my computer. After I do that, to use the program again, I have to click the down loaded disk image icon then go through the whole process again.

I used to be able to down load, click the disk image, it would install to my applications folder or wherever, then I could delete the original, first down loaded disk image file.

I wish I could explain it better.

Basically whats going on is that it wont install. I always need to use this disk image. Ive never had to do that before. It used to down load. Id click on the .dmg file. It would then install and I could trash that file because the program from that .dmg file would install.

TJ
QUOTE Thanks