View Single Post
Grayw97

Grayw97 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacbookPro: 2.3Ghz i5 Processer, 8GB RAM, OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
Back in the day, yes they affected graphics performance but in the days of modern gaming, processors are generally left to do all of the floating point calculations while the graphics card handles the graphics themselves and all of the effects such as dynamics, resolution, and things like anti aliasing (getting rid of the "jaggies").

A low powered CPU on a game will cause the whole thing to run slowly and sometimes freeze. A low powered graphics card will limit you on how many effects the game can display and affect the frame rate.

All in all, I would go for the 6 core machine. It's powerful enough to run what you want, it'll be somewhat future proof and will save you some money too.
So to sum up what you said, graphics card effects the graphics making them smoother. While the processor effect the actual ability to run the game smoothly. Right?

Also as I said above. I read somewhere that the 6-core processor actually only has 3 cores and 3 threads is this true? If so, would it also be true for the 8-core, so it has 4 cores and 4 threads?

Thanks for your help!
QUOTE Thanks