View Single Post
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayw97 View Post
Thanks for the replies!

I will mostly be playing games. Like, Minecraft, Diablo, Dragon Age II, Starcraft, Torchlight, and things like that. I also edit movies. I do multi-task a lot when doing work.

I would like to be able to play the games on at least medium graphics and it run smoothly. I know that graphics is more in the graphics card, but the processor also effects the graphics right?
To be very honest...buying a 6-core or 8-core Mac Pro for playing games would be a big waste of $$$. I'm not sure there are any games out there that are written to take advantage of multiple cores...and if there are...they probably won't use more than 2-cores.

Beyond gaming...there are not may apps. written to take advantage of all the cores in a Mac Pro either. There are some apps. from Adobe that will use more cores...but unless you are REALLY serious about editing video...you don't really need a 6 or 8-core Mac Pro.

Of course if you got the $$$...go for it. My goal is usually to optimally match up the right computer for the right needs & keep that choice within a reasonable budget. You would probably be just as happy with a quad-core iMac.

Something to think about,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks