View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

It sounds to me like the following two things are true:

1. You'd be happier with a MacBook air or something similar.
2. You haven't really explored options on the iPad beyond the most basic ones.

As chscag said, the iPad can do a LOT (particularly with the addition of a bluetooth keyboard) that many people don't expect at first. But it's still not (and never was) intended as a replacement for a notebook, it's intended as a replacement for certain *activities* people tended to buy notebooks or desktops to do.

I have a LOT more fun viewing videos, editing photos, reading books, answering email and drawing on my iPad than I do on my MacBook Pro. Of course, I have more "fun" editing audio, doing my daily writing and other "sit at a desk" type duties on my MacBook over my iPad.
QUOTE Thanks