View Single Post
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

If you go the route using my symlink suggestion, a couple potential problems came to mind after I posted. Firstly…. make sure Dropbox is disabled temporarily on both Macs before adding the symlinks to the Dropbox folder. If you don't, the files will get synced from the proper /Library/Fonts folder on the first Mac to a new Fonts folder (not symlink) in the Dropbox folder on the second Mac.

Secondly… if you decide to stop syncing the Fonts, disable Dropbox on both Macs before deleting the symlinks. If you don't, the fonts from one Mac will get wiped out when you delete the symlink on the other.

My idea will (well "should") work, but obviously not without risks and a little up front management. Keep proper backups available at all times and you should be fine. Of course louishen's idea may be a better one too. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems pretty sound. In response to your question to him, I would think that the fonts should go into the folder in Dropbox.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks