Thread: iTunes
View Single Post
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I was able to do this with a Smart Playlist though it does have one annoyance that I think cab be fixed. The annoyance is that you have to select the smart playlist each time iTunes is launched.

Set up a Smart Playlist with Year is greater than followed by the year you want the kist to start. I chose 1900 so I would be sure to catch everything. Turn live updating on so you don't have to adjust the list each time new music is added.

I think the problem of needing to select the apart playlist can be solved with Automator. It should be possible to create an app that launches iTunes then selects that Smart Playlist. I used to have a workflow that did this with a playlist that excluded Holiday music. I'll test it in Lion later and post results.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks