View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

What you didn't answer was whether your iPad is running iOS 5 or higher and is an iPad 2 or 2012 iPad. If it's the original iPad this isn't going to work.

Apple TV: How to use AirPlay Mirroring

I have a third-gen iPad and can do exactly what you describe with the two pieces you link to.

I did, however, find that for my purposes it was easier to use Reflection ($15) an app that essentially turns your Mac into an AirPlay receiver so that you can do video mirroring to IT and of course IT is connected to the projector.

This allows me to wander the room with my iPad untethered from the projector. I happen to use my Mac as the receiver but without Reflection I could have used a (black) Apple TV that was connected to the projector instead (if the projector had HDMI, that is).