View Single Post
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Yet, the challenge I face is that some of the proprietary Apple parts do not come up under a simple google search. The two in particular are: the male & female ends of the magsafe A/C cord (the part that is in the laptop and the part that connects to it with a green power light) and the male & female ends of the thunderport.
The MagSafe Adapters can be purchased at many third party resellers, however, that's not what you're looking for. The connectors, especially Thunderbolt are proprietary to Apple and can only be used under license. I doubt you're going to find anyone who even stocks them as loose parts.

There are a number of nice docking stations available for Mac portables. Take a look in the advertiser's section of MacWorld and MacLife magazines.
QUOTE Thanks