View Single Post
Ned B

Ned B is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 3.0 Ghz C2D 4G Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
From the online Apple Store:

- A 1st gen. iPad 64gig + 3G will cost you $549.
- A 2nd gen. iPad 32gig + 3G will cost you $529.

So unless you absolutely NEED 64gig of storage...I would go with the 32gig + 3G iPad2.

HTH,

- Nick

p.s. Of course if you're talking a used iPad (1st or 2nd gen.) from e-Bay or Craig's List...you may be able to save some $$$ versus the prices I listed above.
Thanks Nick,
I'm looking at a refurb from a reseller, so I'm looking at about 1/2 of those prices for the 1st gen 64G. also I'm a photographer, and plan on using this as a mobile portfolio (zenfolio, etc...) as well as typical travel internet usage... email, surfing etc...

currently I carry a cheap windoze laptop and an ipod touch, but most nights I just squint at the ipod so I'm looking at the ipad so I can upgrade and streamline what I haul around with me.

I would Love to get a 32G new Ipad of course ( who wouldn't?) will have to earn that one (opening my own studio soon, and will take that out of profits down the road).

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
Looks like you are OK

iOS version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

edit, as pigoo says, consider the ipad 2
I'll consider an ipad2 of course. I'm mainly looking at the higher memory ipad1 because of image storage.

the 3G aspect is immaterial, where I use it most, I have wifi available.

also I just realized this should be over in the IOS section, not hardware... can admin move the thread?
QUOTE Thanks