Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
05-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Ned B
I travel for a living, and am looking to get a used 1st gen iPad (64Gig with 3G) to carry with me. Will I be able to use the latest IOS and get iCloud or will I need to get at least an iPad2? (would love a new iPad, but that's not going to happen anytime soon) Budget says the used 1st gen, not if I can't use the latest IOS however.
From the online Apple Store:
- A 1st gen. iPad 64gig + 3G will cost you $549.
- A 2nd gen. iPad 32gig + 3G will cost you $529.
So unless you absolutely NEED 64gig of storage...I would go with the 32gig + 3G iPad2.
p.s. Of course if you're talking a used iPad (1st or 2nd gen.) from e-Bay or Craig's List...you may be able to save some $$$ versus the prices I listed above.
- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery