View Single Post
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.4

Your router is wireless B/G and is transmitting on the 2.4 Ghz band. I was going to suggest that you do a firmware upgrade but from what I can see the router is only upgradeable via a PC running Windows and preferably XP which is a pain.

There are a number of options that you can try such as doing a simple reset i.e. pull the plug, disconnect all cables, reconnect and reboot.

You can try connecting via ethernet to see if that helps.

You can also do a hard reset by pressing and holding the reset button whilst inserting a paperclip into the reset pinhole at the back and holding for at least 7 seconds until the light goes red..release and then wait until it goes green. You will need your broadband username and password in order to then apply your settings again.

Try moving any other equipment such as cordless phone base stations and any compact fluorescent table lamps

To be honest, without Mac support for the router you are always going to have difficulties.

Read this article and see how you feel afterwards. I struggled with this very same issue for 12 months so I know how frustrating it can be.

Ask Ars: are dual-band 802.11n routers worth the extra cost? | Ars Technica

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010 (wow....that old...eeeks!), WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen, ATV2.
MOTM October 2012. These days normally happy with an occasional grumble.
QUOTE Thanks