Member Since: Nov 11, 2004
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
05-06-2012, 06:33 PM
I own both Roku and Apple TV. I love them both, but for different reasons:
Things that come to mind the most for both products:
- so many apps and new ones arriving constantly
- stream videos from your computer to the Roku through myplex or a hard drive depending on the model
- no YouTube app, which is a huge downside for me
- international TV channel apps
- AirPlay, but not all apps support it
- stream effortlessly from your iTunes library
- a YouTube app, but it's missing features like recent list of videos from subscribed channels
- Trailers app really nice
I like my Roku better. The Apple TV for Apple is a hobby, we might see it take off once Apple's television comes out in a few years.