View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Guys, he said he's now using Vlingo -- that's a voice-controlled app. I believe he's trying to say that he uses it for texting now instead of manually texting while driving.

If that's so, then that's the kind of improvement you want, at least until he gets an iPhone with Siri. As he said, he's some kind of professional driver (3,000 miles a month = 100 miles per day, every day average) -- or desperately needs to look into telecommuting.

I still say that most normal human beings can wait until they take a pit stop to return any texts, emails, calls etc. In my own personal opinion, even COMPOSING a text (not typing it, just thinking about what you're going to say) is too distracting. I can just about -- barely -- handle a hands-free voice call if it's nothing long and nothing complicated. Maybe I just don't have the brain power of this guy, but I will say that science has long since proven we are not ANYWHERE NEAR as good at multi-tasking as we think we are:

Amazon.com: The Myth of Multitasking: How "Doing It All" Gets Nothing Done (9780470372258): Dave Crenshaw: Books
QUOTE Thanks