Thread: Must Have Apps
View Single Post
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CebuCity View Post
IvanLasston,

Can you pls help me about the below list. I jus installed TotalFinder. I have MBP and installed path finder but I plan to buy iMac and install the same until some guys recommended total finder which is nicer and less cost.

 You can assign hotkeys to any menu item?

 It has "shelves" that let you access processes, a terminal, and reccents very easily?

 It cycles through icons like other file managers do (i.e. as I push arrow right, the selection will wrap to the next line)?

 You can view coverflow with any type of other view (i.e. it doesn't have to be list view to be in cover flow?

 There is extra info available under files?

Sorry I'm just a newbie

Thank you
The list I made was for Pathfinder - it is the things Pathfinder adds that total finder doesn't have. These - in my opinion are nice to haves but Pathfinder is $40 vs Total Finder's $18.

To use dual pane mode in Total Finder - View -> Dual View (or Cmd-u)

IMHO Finder is missing some basic niceties that people except coming from other OSes. Although I mostly agree with Chas' suggestion to use the Mac out of the box - the Finder is one of the places where I'd recommend getting some kind of upgrade and not be frustrated by what is lacking. Note that Lion already adds copy/cut/paste of files so that major annoyance has gone away. But Chas' point is valid - I had very specific requirements that I needed day to day and Total Finder fit those requirements - but I expect not everyone needs to see system files(for example)
QUOTE Thanks