View Single Post
CebuCity

CebuCity will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I know you're just repeating stuff you've been told, so I don't blame you ... but I am so very, very tired of this long-discredited nonsense.

On the first point:
The Mac Malware Myth RoughlyDrafted Magazine

On the second point: Anyone who knows *anything* about UNIX knows this is pure ... um, malarkey.

Since it evidently bears repeating, here it is again:

1. MALWARE ≠ VIRUS.
2. There are still no viruses on the Mac. None. Zip. Zero. Nada. Nil.
3. The two big malware exploits that have affected the Mac so far were based on FLASH (not made by Apple) and JAVA (not made by Apple). Security problems in Java (which have been very well-documented) was one of the leading reasons Apple opted not to include it by default in Lion, and (again well-documented) security problems in Flash was one of the reasons it was not included in iOS and was discontinued (by Adobe) for the mobile platform entirely.

So now you know. And knowing is half the battle!

This is really a great point.... but pls help me understand further with (1.) I know there has been a long debate regarding virus and malware. Just a newbie question from a very satisfied switcher (I can't live without my mac).
QUOTE Thanks