Thread: Deleting Apps
View Single Post
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

The iTunes on your computer is the authority of the all the apps that are installed on your iOS devices, so if you happen to download an app on an iOS device and then sync to the computer, iTunes will grab that app and keep it updated. If you delete the app from the device, iTunes doesn't know that and the next sync will bring it back, unless, as TM stated above, you go in and specifically uncheck the application or delete it from iTunes.

So in practice, if you want an app deleted, do it from iTunes and the next sync will get rid of it from all devices, if you do want to do this from the iOS devices, then be sure to delete the app from iTunes before the next sync..

This also works if you have multiple iOS devices (like in my case) being managed by a single iTunes/Apple ID..

I sync different things to my iPhone, iPad 2, iPod Nano and my wife's iPod Shuffle..The music is easy since the iPod's are linked to specific playlists, but whenever I download/purchase a new app, if it's a universal app, unless I specifically choose with device to install it to it gets onto my iPhone and iPad 2..so I'm constantly checking/unchecking apps based on what I'm syncing with..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks