Member Since: Jan 20, 2011
hi cool person who is reading this, i did something stupid... maybe
04-24-2012, 01:49 AM
so... my out of warranty iPhone 4 power button stopped functioning all of a sudden and it also no longer made that "click" when pressed.
What Did I Do?
I decided to open up the phone and bonded a very very small washer to the bottom of the power button. I tried this and it didn't work, probably because my washer was a bit too big, i filed it down a bit, still didn't work, so I just put it back together. seen here at 4:30: iPhone 4 power button - The Computer Room Nottingham
After Reassembly, this happened:
- power button still does not work, and doesn't "click"
- iPhone camera app shutter does not open and the bottom right "camera/video" icons just flicker, I've concluded this is because of the front camera not working.
- the ear speaker for phone calls is now "crackly".
- I noticed my WiFi and network signal isn't as strong, maybe a bar less on WiFi and a bar or 2 less on network.
A walk around camera fix is that i installed "camera plus pro" and this allows me to take photos and video. If I switch to the front camera it freezes, again confirming the front camera is not working.
What should I do next?
So I obviously did something when i took my phone apart and put it back together. I did open it up again and confirmed that all the flex cables and connections were seated properly.
I ordered these parts from eBay:
- Power Button
- Power Button Flex Cable
- Back Camera Lens With Flex Ribbon Cable
If anyone has any ideas, feedback, suffers from the same problem, please feel welcome to continue the discussion. I will be posting a reply after I receive my parts from eBay also.
Last edited by greyhood; 04-24-2012 at 03:34 AM.