Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.4
04-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Marrk
As above, how do I boot from a disk? There is no pull-down menu for that, no Preferences, nothing in the Start Up folder on the HD. Is it possible that, in order to boot from a disk on this system, you have to ReStart while holding down a key?
Ok...so it sounds like you are currently able to boot the computer from it's internal HD.
What you need to do is:
- boot the computer from the internal HD
- insert the "bootable" floppy disk you want to boot from
- go to the "Apple" drop-down menu
- open the control panel called "Startup disk" (or something like that)
- IF the floppy disk you inserted is "bootable"...then you should be able to choose between the LCIII's internal HD & the floppy disk to boot from.
- So click on the floppy disk icon...and then restart the computer.
If the floppy disk DOES NOT show up in the Startup Disk control panel window...then the floppy disk that was inserted is not a "bootable disk".
- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery