View Single Post
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Here are a few thoughts that might help answer your questions.

When it comes to uninstalling programs that is not usually much of an issue. Many programs install via drag and drop. To remove these programs you usually just drag them to the trash and empty the trash. The most that usually gets left behind are a few k worth of preference files that don't cause problems. If a program has an installer it usually has an uninstaller to remove the parts. If so, use that. There are also some uninstaller programs for the Mac.

As far as maintainence goes I don't spend much time on that myself. There are some scripts that run automatically and for the most part I let them take care of that. I do run maintenance utilities once in a while if I experience problems. I often go several months without needing to run anything.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

Don't blame me if following this advice causes loss of data, a rip in space time allowing dinosaurs to roam free, or your significant other to leave.
QUOTE Thanks