Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
04-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by kherry
...i wanna ask you what is the reason you not buying the MBA? Say if you need to choose either one of them.
I never really said that I wouldn't buy a MacBook Air!
...but if I was choosing between a MBA and a MBP (and I could only have one)...it's an easy choice (for me)...I would get the MacBook Pro.
In addition to the 4gig ram limit I mentioned above:
- if you want a display larger than 13"...can't get that in a MBA (but you can always use an external display if you need something larger when at a desk).
- I also still feel that I need/want the built-in DVD drive.
If I have $1500+ bucks to spend (which is a lot of money to me)...I want to get as much functionality & expandability as I can get. The MBP offers more of this than the MBA (for me).
The thinness & lightness are "sexy"...but in my humble opinion...you give up too much to get that. This is just me...I know that there are other folks who feel completely the opposite!
- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery