View Single Post
bcmusic412

bcmusic412 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G5 PPC Dual 2.0, OSX Leopard 10.5.8

Hi Jamie!

I've been a long time Pro Tools user and would highly recommend it for many reasons:

For starters, it's extremely user friendly and the editing capabilities are second to none. Avid has really done an outstanding job re-vamping their systems so that you can pretty much use any digital interface out there to capture your recording without breaking the bank. You can start out with a inexpensive audio interface and upgrade as you see fit without the need to change your software. In addition, Pro Tools is the industry standard for professional music production and you can easily share your projects with other studios that house more professional systems.

For example, let's say you've recorded your tracks in your home studio, but you feel the need to take your session to another studio for overdubs and/or mixing. You can easily do this without the need to mix down your .wav files for importing into another DAW. I've mixed several projects this way and have even collaborated with musicians from all over the world.

I hope this helps you. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions and Happy Recording!
QUOTE Thanks