View Single Post
maclfc

maclfc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Air OS Lion 4Gb Ram

Hi. I have bought a MBA and would like some help and advice please.

First off...I have been using my desktop PC to stream AVI movies to our XBOX over a home network using media player. I want to use the MBA to do the same thing but found that Mac OS dont like AVI files, trouble is, all my movie files are AVI.
So....Can I stream AVI files to an XBOX with my MBA. If not, what is the best software to use to convert the files to be able to watch them on a large screen TV without losing quality.

Second...I have bought Office for mac. I didnt realise the home and student edition didnt come with outlook (I thought it did). Are there any other similar software out there for me to download. I haven`t set up my email yet as I am waiting to get some bits and pieces to set the whole MBA up. (adapters for large LCD etc)

Third.... I have bought an external DVD drive, connected it up, worked a treat, but found it wont work if connected through a USB Hub. Is there any way around this as I only have 2 USB ports and it needs both of them to run, which means disconnecting the other peripherals.
QUOTE Thanks