View Single Post
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by aging elderly View Post
Stretch: You'll have to hard shutdown then. Hold the Power button until it shuts off...

aging elderly: Thanks Stretch! That did it. That was the Dr. Spock strangle thing that I couldn't quite remember. For folks like me, it's counter-intuitive to keep pressing what feels like the on button, ignoring the computer's polite question...feels like strangling. But it had to be done. Then I quickly updated my Java for Mac software [OS X 10.5 Udate 10 version 1], feeling like a pro. Supposedly Macs are in some danger this week, according to the article below. Are other people worried about this?
So far it looks like more of the same overblown reporting based on promptings from AV firms trying to market their product.

There is obviously a Malware risk from Trojans, but I haven't seen any actual reports of anyone who has been infected by this.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks