View Single Post
zewazir

zewazir will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisacorn View Post
OMGEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Okay...I have a new macbook pro. Can i download the app you spoke of above and somehow run it for the iMac??? Without having to take that thing out???
Yes, you can use your MBP to recover your iMac hard drive. You will need a firewire cable to connect the two computers. Go ahead and download and install whichever data recovery application you decide on your MacBook Pro. (I personally recommend spending the money on Data Rescue III as opposd to any free/cheap applications out there.) Once that is complete, connect the iMac to your MBP with the firewire cable and start your iMac while holding down the "T" key. This will start the iMac in target disk mode - the entire computer will act as if it were a simple external disk drive. Then you can run the data recovery application, choosing the iMac's HD as the target volume and your MBP drive as the working volume - where the application will write the recovered files. You do NOT want to recover files to the same disk, as the recovered file could overwrite the deleted file and really mess things up.
QUOTE Thanks