View Single Post
Randy B. Singer

Randy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
You are fighting with a very respected member here and also part of our staff.
No, I'm not "fighting" with him at all. He's apparently just arguing with me over things that I haven't said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Being safe and taking precautions is not a bad thing.
What precautions do you propose? Saying that Mac users are "complacent" or that they need to "take precautions" doesn't mean anything unless you actually outline what you are talking about.

So far, I seem to be the only person in this thread who has proposed steps to take to protect one's Mac. I've even offered links to back those things up and where to get Office updates that will protect users:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy B. Singer
The biggest threat is Flashback, and you can easily protect yourself from that by updating to the latest version of Java, and for good measure turning Java (*not* JavaScript, which despite the name is something entirely different) off in your browser.

There is a very new Trojan that infects Microsoft Office, but Microsoft released a security update that will protect you from it *three years ago*.
Microsoft Office for Mac Downloads and Updates | Office For Mac
Near as I can tell, this Trojan hasn't been see outside of the Far East.
Reed Corner Design : Tech News Blog Archive Microsoft Office vulnerability used to spread malware

Randy B. Singer

Mac OS X Routine Maintenance http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
QUOTE Thanks