View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrpeak View Post
you mean apple's video player? lots of video formats are not supported, like avi, mkv.. i need to get a video player supporting everything just like vlc on mac, but with better performance.
Why not just convert the videos?

For a very limited time, a port of VLC was available for the iPhone; I happened to grab it at that time and still have it. It does a TERRIBLE job of playing those files ... lots of motion artifacts, buffering, out of sync etc etc ... and this is on an iPhone 4, the next to fastest thing Apple sells in mobile devices!

Find a good batch converter that can convert the files while you're asleep and load em up that way ... A LOT less hassle. I mean, if there's really a player that can SMOOTHLY and CORRECTLY play those formats on an iPad/iPhone I'm all ears, but as far as I can determine this hasn't happened yet.
QUOTE Thanks