View Single Post
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I will throw an interesting observation into the Mix. I fix Windows machines. I see some with 1000+ pieces of Malware all over them.

Only problem is the user had the latest and greatest Anti Virus and even separate Malware remover installed and still got hit. So having protection does not mean nothing will happen, at least with most of the people I repair systems for!

The person sitting in the chair is the best Virus and Malware protection out there!

Just fixed two this week with Malware that moved all the start menu, desktop, you name it to hidden directories, Attributed all files to hidden, and threw up a screen telling them their hard drive was shot and their RAM was defective! One system had Norton totally up to date, the other Microsoft Security Essentials, again up to date.

I manually stopped the malware in Safe Mode, cleaned it with Malware Bytes and manually unhid all the files and directories and moved the files back where they belonged! What a pain.

Since everything was empty, the owners felt all their files were history.
QUOTE Thanks