View Single Post
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy B. Singer View Post
So, let's see. There are a handful of Trojan Horses for the Mac, and maybe three or four new Trojan Horses every year, all of which probably none of us will ever see even if we go looking for them:
Thomas' Corner : Mac Malware Guide

Yet for Windows there are over a *MILLION* viruses:
BBC NEWS | Technology | Computer viruses hit one million

Sophos says that there are as many as 95,000 new threats for Windows *every single day*!!!
2011 Security Threat Report | Sophos Security Topics

And you're telling me that there is a significant amount of Mac malware and we have to be afraid that it is increasing?

Sorry, that sounds like pure FUD to me. It sounds like the same garbage that we have been hearing from Windows bigots and the sensationalistic press for a decade. I think that spreading that type of FUD is a disservice to all of the ordinary Mac users on this discussion list who don't know better.
Randy, please don't put words in my mouth. As I said, I agree overall with your standpoint, but I can also understand that of what you characterize as "Windows bigots". I was simply stating that your tone and accusations were uncalled for and inappropriate. If you want to disagree with someone, you can do so without the name calling and mud-slinging. Frankly, I find it to be unbecoming and overly defensive. It needs to stop now.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks