View Single Post
Randy B. Singer

Randy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to allRandy B. Singer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Although I agree with Gruber's viewpoint, I could see where one can argue that the amount of malware on the Mac has increased significantly over the past several years, particularly as the Mac's marketshare has grown. Now, they're not the kind of destructive viruses and worms we see on other platforms, but we're still seeing a significant increase in trojans, fake AV programs and the like.
So, let's see. There are a handful of Trojan Horses for the Mac, and maybe three or four new Trojan Horses every year, all of which probably none of us will ever see even if we go looking for them:
Thomas' Corner : Mac Malware Guide

Yet for Windows there are over a *MILLION* viruses:
BBC NEWS | Technology | Computer viruses hit one million

Sophos says that there are as many as 95,000 new threats for Windows *every single day*!!!
2011 Security Threat Report | Sophos Security Topics

And you're telling me that there is a significant amount of Mac malware and we have to be afraid that it is increasing?

Sorry, that sounds like pure FUD to me. It sounds like the same garbage that we have been hearing from Windows bigots and the sensationalistic press for a decade. I think that spreading that type of FUD is a disservice to all of the ordinary Mac users on this discussion list who don't know better.

Randy B. Singer

Mac OS X Routine Maintenance http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
QUOTE Thanks