Member Since: May 20, 2008
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5
03-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by vidasvarma
accidently touched the gold thing (like a mini stick shape) at the top right hand of the picture and my display died. do i have to replace the whole thing? apple told me it cost like 720 bucks to replace it. was cleaning the inside of my macbook while it happened. haha. running on external display right now
If Apple is quoting you $720 bucks...they're probably indicating you need a new logic board. And if this is the case...there's really not anything that can be repaired...since everything is VERY small & soldered to the logic board...nothing a DIYer can really repair.
Always remember. Before opening up a laptop:
- unplug from wall power
- remove the battery
- discharge any static from your body
Maybe the part that was touched was delicate & got broken...or a static discharge occurred damaging something.
Sorry to hear about the issue,
- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery