View Single Post
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 500GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacster View Post
I'm noticing the same thing. I can't charge my iPad while I'm using it. It just takes too much power to run. I just turned it off and will let it charge overnight. It was on the charger for about 3 hours and was still at 18%. I checked and I did have the brightness turned all the way up.

When I plugged it into a USB port on my iMac it said "not enough power to charge" or something like that.

What I don't understand is that I get long life out of the battery, but plugging it in barely supplies enough juice to run it, so it won't give you any more life that way. The display Wifi and 4g are power hogs. I only use the wifi at this point.
Your computer's USB ports only have 0.5 Amps of power, which is standard. The power output of the iPad charger is 2.1 Amps. That is why it says not enough power to charge. It will eventually charge when plugged into your computer, but it will take much longer.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.9
QUOTE Thanks