View Single Post
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
You are aware that Apple doesn't make a MacBook anymore right? They only have the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro.

The MacBook Air's minimum spec is $999.

The iPad's top-end (wi-fi) is $800, with LTE its $930.

The OP didn't say anything about needing more versatility. He said he wants to use the iPad to take notes. The iPad can take notes just fine, thanks, in fact it would be a lot easier to take notes using an iPad than a MacBook Air if you don't have a desk in front of you. Also, the iPad has the option of using a stylus for handwritten notes. The MacBook Air, not so much.

I'm not knocking laptops, just saying I think you're superimposing a bit on the OP's message.
All good points - but I apologize - I dug up an old thread to keep my information on Note Apps in one place. The OP and that comment are "so last year ago"

Also - is there a disconnect between US and CAN as far as pricing? The minimum MBA price in the US is also $999 - but the iPad is $699 and $829 for LTE in the US.
QUOTE Thanks