View Single Post
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

After a full week with the iPad, I can tell you that if this screen was a woman I'd marry it. I love the Siri Dictation as well, use it all the time. (I'm on my Mac at the moment, but have used it to dictate forum messages!).

I also like the improved zippiness, and for me coming from the original iPad this thing is lighter and thinner, so that's another plus.

I can see myself doing a LOT more reading and video watching on this now than I did before. Being able to dictate texts, messages and email has huge potential for me.

Heat has been a total non-issue, but then I don't play Skyrim or whatever the hot new flavour of the week is for hours on end either.

The one and only "ding" I have with the new iPad is that it takes longer to charge than the old one, and that it shows "100%" battery for too long before it starts to drop. Bad algorithm, and I'm sure Apple are aware of it so I expect a fix will come down the pike soon enough.

This thing is near-perfect IMHO, and given that I got $250 "back" on my original iPad towards buying it, I'd also call it my best tech purchase of the year by far. I got the 32GB Wi-Fi black, I just didn't want to spend the money on the LTE model since I would use that ability VERY little (I am almost constantly in Wi-Fi).
QUOTE Thanks